Re: [TowerTalk] Triex WT51

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wb2aio@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Triex WT51
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:55:56 -0400 (EDT)
>  Anyway, my problem is how to lower it. I'd put a ladder up  to the top
to remove the antenna/rotator but how to lower the actual tower over  is the
question. Didn't see anything I could attach a block and tackle to. I see
from the current site, the tower weighs 360 pounds. Now I am a member of the
local DX club, but like most clubs today, it is full of old men and couple
of us  slowly aging? woman.

>  So I'm asking, how many folks do you  think I would need to walk the
tower over? Or any other ideas such as letting it  fall onto something soft and
crush able like a bunch of cardboard boxes?  Ideas?

    Well, once you get it horizontal you still have to  figure out how to
get it to the front of the house and then onto a truck or  trailer. My advice
is to get a crane or boom-truck involved. It can handle  everything you
need to do; e.g. get a man-basket (or woman-basket in this  case) to take the
antenna off. Then the crane can pick the  tower up and put it on the
truck/trailer.

Cheers & GL,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH