Re: [TowerTalk] Triex WT51

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Triex WT51
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:55:10 -0400
Walking it over sounds dangerous.  If you have room behind it, you could
get a tow truck (wrecker) with a boom to lower it.

To:      towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Triex WT51
From:    Kathy Bookmiller <wb2aio@yahoo.com>

Hello TTérs,

I was at an estate sale yesterday. Went there actually to look at the amp.
advertised. Was gone but noticed a ham-m control box so took a look to see
what
it was for. Found a nice WT51 out back. Looks in excellent condition and not
very old judging from lack of rust and the concrete base still looked pretty
'white'. On top is what I believe is a 4el Mosley tri-bander. Did they make a
TA34?? Never had a Mosley antenna, always Hygain or Telrex in the past.

Anyway, my problem is how to lower it. I'd put a ladder up to the top to
remove
the antenna/rotator but how to lower the actual tower over is the question.
Didn't see anything I could attach a block and tackle to. I see from the
current site, the tower weighs 360 pounds. Now I am a member of the local DX
club, but like most clubs today, it is full of old men and couple of us
slowly
aging  woman.

So I'm asking, how many folks do you think I would need to walk the tower
over?
Or any other ideas such as letting it fall onto something soft and crush able
like a bunch of cardboard boxes? Ideas?
73,
Kathy, W2NK