Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Tower

To: <richard@karlquist.com>, "'Wilson'" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Tower
From: <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:32:29 -0500
I dug out an EZ-Way tower in 1977, using a hand shovel, water hose for
our Texas soil, and a wheeled auto engine hoist, in about two hours.

I hand dug, with a Texas Pole Shovel, the hole for its new home
and relocated it to my back yard a week later, first with a Maco Quad,
and then later with TH7-DXX Serial Number ONE, where the tower and
that antenna remained until 2003, when I replaced the tower and antenna
(that were still working just fine) with a 70 foot crank up and
a 24 foot mast with OB16-3 above a Cal-AV 2el 40.

After a half-hour attempt to dig and pull the base with the 60 ton
crane that was installing the new tower, we gave up and cut the EZ-Way
base at ground level with a torch, since that was now under a porch
and not visable.

Barry, W5GN