Re: [TowerTalk] remote tuner Vs lumped constants

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote tuner Vs lumped constants
From: K8RI <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:44:23 -0400
On 7/25/2013 7:58 AM, Tommy wrote:
I agree! Both here in south Georgia and in Virginia I had 80m dipoles made
with copperweld wire. In both QTH's I had storms that felled the trees
holding up one end of the antenna wire, come down during storms and in
neither case did the copperweld ever break.

I also have never heard of OWL spacers being eighteen inches?? Where the
heck did that come from? Typically 600 ohm OWL requires only about four inch
spacing.

Who uses open wire line these days?  It would be very inconvenient here.

73,

Roger (K8RI)

<snip>