Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up Tower Lube

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up Tower Lube
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:58:22 -0700
The discussion is about the friction between the tower sections as it is
extended or retracted,  not about lubing
the cables.
I have a local honey supplier here in Napa Valley and I get beeswax from them.
The beeswax
works well to mitigate the squeaking and popping as the tower moves up or down.
I have tried silicone spray and it was only temporarily effective.  The beeswax
I apply twice a year and
all is well.  I agree with the earlier comment about not using oil or grease
that attracts dust and dirt.

Bob
K6UJ

Bob