Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up Tower Lube

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting.com reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up Tower Lube
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:08:16 -0700
John,

I was going to ask the question myself, how others apply the beeswax. I simply
rub the bar of bees wax on the inside of the tower legs
where the contact from the inner sections take place.  It is as you say a pain
and I would be interested in other users technique.
Someone mentioned earlier the application of Prelube to the cables will take
care of the issue.  I religiously apply prelube to my cables on a regular
schedule and the squeaking and popping is from the sliding contact between the
inner and outer sections as they extend and retrract,
not from the cables rubbing as it was suggested.  This is two separate issues.

Bob
K6UJ