Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)

To: towertalk@contesting.com, marsh@ka5m.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 14:31:08 -0500 (EST)
>  Bid #2: $9,000

>  Do those prices sound reasonable? They sounds high to me,  but I have no
reference as to what concrete work should cost.

        Wowser - I'm in the  wrong business - hi.

        Sounds high to me  too. Get some more bids until you get something
more feasible if you don't want  to do it yourself. If you've got the
inclination, do it yourself. Using an  excavator is kind of fun.

        And dirt disposal can be a  problem so that'll probably have to be
part of the job.

        As far as getting an  excavator in the back yard, I've rented a
small excavator that had retractable  treads. You retract them to squeeze thru
the gate and then extend them for  working. I don't remember the
manufacturer or model but the guy at the rental  counter will know.

        And getting concrete  back there is easy - hire a trailer or truck
mounted line pump. Reasonable price  and they'll pump up to 400'.

Cheers & GL,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
Cell: 206-890-41188