Re: [TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar, need howto (was: Tower Foundation (

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar, need howto (was: Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)
From: Rex Turvin <turvin2009@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 17:03:22 -0700
Rick
Speaking as a certified welder, technically speaking you are suppose to use the
higher grade rebar when welding it as the normal rebar looses a lot of strength
when heated.
I am also required to use 80 series rod (80,000psi) for rebar. That is why it
is so expensive to do when welding.
I personally like to weld my cages it prevents movement. If you use a wire
welder either solid wire or flux core it also it suppose to be a 80 series per
welding codes
73 NR6M

Sent from my iPhone