Re: [TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar, need howto

To: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar, need howto
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:56:08 -0800
Good point. Gave away my 240v 80# 225a buzzbox, weighs more than the entry MIGs, takes 240v 50a. The HF 70a unit (120v?) is probably ok for rebar tacks with 1/16" rods, but I think wouldn't do 2" sch 40 corner post braces or used drill pipe. Can't beat buzzboxes for cheap. Takes a bit more skill though, unless ugly is ok.

Grant KZ1W