Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation (was Concrete Prices)
From: Mike VE3YF <Mike@ve3yf.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 06:24:43 -0500
Grant:

I like your idea...

Tack weld the bolts together with #3 rebar when attached to the base so they don't move when set without the base to make concrete work easier.

This is what I am planning to do in my new tower base. I will tack weld the anchor bolts at 2 horizontal levels for a total of 4 extra #4 rebar sections and then also tack weld the #4 rebar to the cage which is also made of #4 Horizontal sections and the vertical rebar is #8. This way I can take the tower base off the anchor bolts after concrete is poured, this will allow to trowel the complete tower base. Previously I had to leave the tower base plate in place and it made it hard to trowel under it and it always looked like a poor job. Also has a benefit of extra protection of not allowing the bolts to turn inside the concrete even though the nuts etc should stop this from happening.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

http://www.ve3yf.com/