Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 16:00:27 -0500
Per Rohn's recommendation, I used double brace Rohn 65G sections above my
top star guy.  I was unaware that this was also available in Rohn 55G.

The bolts on commercial towers like my Rohn 65G have pal nuts to keep them
from loosening and falling out.  Their ham towers do not have them.
Perhaps the pressure from the compressed tubing was supposed to act like a
lock washer.  My new Rohn 55G tower did come with crimped lock nuts which
damages the threads so it does not easily loosen.  The Rohn 55 guy
brackets came with pal nuts.

John KK9A