Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS

To: <john@iguanavilla.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ROHN TOWER BOLTS
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 21:09:01 -0700
Agreed!
I've been working on Rohn 25/45/55 for 40 years... Never had an issue with any bolts or nuts.

There are NO washers on this series of towers.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: john@iguanavilla.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 6:20 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Cc: mryan001@tampabay.rr.com

What is wrong with the standard Rohn hardware?  I had a Rohn 55g tower in
Aruba 1/3 mile from the sea.  Corrosion was a huge problem.  Big grips
lasted only three or four years, the tower was painted multiple times a year
and still developed holes.  When I took it down after a decade the original
tower hardware was in excellent shape.

John KK9A - P40A