Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Layout Problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Layout Problem
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 06:11:53 -0500
The extra coax loss is not a factor for an RX antenna.  200 feet of RG8X
has 3/4 dB loss on top band.  How is the rest of the station connected to
the single point ground?

John KK9A

To:      "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:         [TowerTalk] Beverage Layout Problem
From:    rfman45 <rfman45@hotmail.com>
Date:    Mon, 12 May 2014 12:50:22 -0500

 I have a question concerning feedline runs which I'd like to present to the
group.

 I have four beverages with the feeds on one side (front) of my property
and my
tower and other
transmitting antennas on the other (back) side of my property with the
house in
the middle. The coax
runs and control lines from the transmitting antennas come into the house in
the back where the utility
 lines come in and everything is tied together there to the utilities'
ground,
etc.

The problem is that if I bring the beverage feeds around to the back where
the
transmitting coax, etc.
come in and bring them in there it will greatly increase the beverage feed
runs
(probably by 150-200ft)
with the resultant increase in loss, etc. I would prefer if I could bring in
the beverage coax runs in via the
front of the house (close to the shack) but then, of course, they are far
from
the utility/SPG ground. I do
 have a run of grounded #2 tied to the utility ground running around most of
the house including the front.

Is there any good way of bringing the beverages in through the front or
should
I just accept the longer runs
and bring them through the back with everything else?

Thank you in advance for any comments!

                                                                  Mike  W2LO