Re: [TowerTalk] UV resistant wire ties

To: n2ic@arrl.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV resistant wire ties
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 08:29:18 -0700

On 5/30/2014 8:15 AM, Steve London wrote:

Does any one have the brand and product number of a UV resistant wire
tie, proven to last many years ?

In these days of contract manufacturing, there is
no assurance of consistency in formulation.
By the time something has proven to last 10 years,
it is also unlikely to be made on the same production
line.

For example, I have 30 year old plastic storage boxes
stored outside in the sun that are still going strong.
The plastic storage boxes on the market now quickly lose their plasticizer, become brittle, and fall apart under any stress.
I read news reports about vendors like Rubbermaid closing
plants, etc.

"They don't make 'em like they used to".

Rick N6RK