Re: [TowerTalk] UV resistant wire ties

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV resistant wire ties
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 08:43:26 -0700
I cover all outdoor tie-wraps (wire ties?) with 2-3 layers of black
electrical tape.  Despite manufacturers' claims or recommendations from
others, I go to the trouble of protecting plastic ties from UV
deterioration.  More time and effort, but the method has held up for at
least a couple decades.

Ed W0YK

Steve N2IC wrote:

This has been discussed before, but without a really satisfying answer.

Does any one have the brand and product number of a UV resistant wire
tie, proven to last many years ?

I have used many so-called UV resistant ties that are junk. OTOH, the
wire ties provided by M2 with my 6 year old 40M4LLDD have held up very
well, despite the UV-rich environment here in NM.