Re: [TowerTalk] cell phone antenna on ham tower?

To: "'Chuck Dietz'" <w5prchuck@gmail.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cell phone antenna on ham tower?
From: "W5GN" <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:14:48 -0500
About 10 years ago, AT&T installed their rectangular antennas on
the 125 foot Power Pylon in the easement behind the house,
and during the original install, swinging the OB16-3 8-el on 10
beam thru the heading saw about a 5 db increase in hashy switching
noise on the IC756PRO scope.

The tower is 400 feet away bearing 335 (JA is 318).

Last year more rectangular antennas were added at the top and
the building at the base expanded, and now there is a 20 db increase,
which is more noticeable but still doesn't seriously inhibit working
that direction, except for the very weak.

Barry, W5GN