Re: [TowerTalk] field-day mast anchoring question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] field-day mast anchoring question
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 23:41:31 -0600
I my town they are doing some road construction around the main intersection. They have some temporary telephone poles in place and use large concrete blocks with a loop on the top to guy the telephone poles. I'd estimate the block to be about 3 X 3 feet X 4 feet long.

The loop is ~3/4"-1" steel cable.

The telephone poles are used to hold up traffic signals that span the intersection so there is quite a bit of weight up there and also a lot of wind load.