Re: [TowerTalk] Trussing of antenna elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trussing of antenna elements
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:26:55 -0500
10" truss seems pretty low. I would probably double or triple that height.
You need to attach to one of your larger element sections, perhaps 1/3 of
the way out.  I had some issues with eye bolts on my 40m elements in
Illinois and I had to swap them with forged eye bolts that could withstand
more lateral force.  I did this myself on the tower by positioning the
antenna so that I could reach each eye bolt and swap it. This took all day,
so use a quality eye bolt.  Phillystran works well for element trusses and
so does some ropes.

John KK9A