Re: [TowerTalk] Cad Welding tips

To: "Grant Saviers" <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cad Welding tips
From: charlie@thegallos.com
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 10:10:38 -0400
> I've used them for #2 stranded, #2 solid, and #6 solid.  All worked
> AOK.  For welding cable, I think a crimp lug (2 bolt holes are now code)
> and adhesive shrink would be better and keep water from wicking down the
> strands.  Erico has a bolt to model, IIRC.

I keep thinking about this.  I know that silver brazing aka Silver HARD
solder  (not silver soft solder - the stuff used these days for plumbing)
is code, but rare except at things like some commercial radio stations.
What do others think?  I think the code even allows stuff as "soft" as
Silphos (still very high temp stuff, just don't use it for boilers...)

No fear of it melting in a strike, as I hear people worry