Re: [TowerTalk] tower/rotator woes...

To: DAVE WRIGHT <kanives@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower/rotator woes...
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:18:13 -0600
I had a similar problem because and must, with some embarrassment, admit that I was careless and did not shim the rotor as I should have. The T2X is made to accommodate a 2 1/16" OD mast. My mast is a galvanized steel 2" OD and for yeas, I couldn't figure out why my T2Xs kept failing. I listened to it and heard it bind, then carefully read the manual *again* and saw that -- Lo! and Behold! -- the T2X is designed for a 2 1/16" OD mast. I purchased some 1/32" aluminum sheet metal and placed in in the cradle of the T2X and... No more binding! The rotor now turns freely. The T2X is a very tough rotor; chances are, this will fix your problem.

Kim N5OP