Re: [TowerTalk] tower/rotator woes...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower/rotator woes...
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:16:37 -0600
That depends entirely on the set-up. Mine was a TB2 thrust bearing in the top of an HDBX-48. Rest assured that this particular setup is quite sensitive to the mast being centered in the rotor. Had I *not* used a thrust bearing, but instead merely a sleeve, I'd have never known. I'll still lay money on lack of a proper shim.

Kim N5OP