Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover
From: Mike Ricketts <mike.nd9g@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:27:53 -0600
This topic came up on Reddit right after the digital issue came out.

A couple of quick points.

1. The photo was apparently supplied by the Eldorado Space Program
(Eldorado, TX), which is a school program at the high school. (
https://goo.gl/wx9OIM) So it seems the league had little/nothing to do with
the taking of the picture. They probably should have known better than to
use it though.

2. The following quote also came out in the discussion, I am unable however
to find the post on Facebook however to verify.

"Concerning the March QST cover image, this was one of those unfortunate
situations that occurs occasionally in publishing where many eyes on the
publishing team look at an image, but none notice the flaws. The QST staff
will learn from this mistake and we will be more diligent about cover
photography in the future." – Steve Ford, WB8IMY, QST (Facebook post)

73,
Mike ND9G (prev KB9BIB)