Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover
From: Charles Farr <cefarr@hughes.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 07:55:34 -0800
Seems to me, that way too much emotion is involved here. Any opportunity to bash the ARRL, and it's publications appears to be more important than providing real solutions to observed errors. I think everyone is aware of the popular saying about opinions.

Over the years, QST, and other league publications have likely introduced more people to ham radio than any other. There seems to be a tendency to throw the baby out with the bath water. And because of the membership base, legal representation is available to the amateur radio community at large. Generally, one is asked for input on these matters and the opportunity to weigh in is available.

As for safety, having been a corporate safety officer among my many other career jobs, there is little in my life that is more important. Do it right, and live to do it again the next time. I seriously doubt that most hams have any idea that the model in the cover photo know enough to understand what all the complaining is about. Chris finally pointed out a few of the errors in the picture. Not being a climbing professional, as most hams are not, these errors were not immediately apparent to me. Perhaps the pretty girl distracted me from noticing.

Instead of name-calling, and bashing the League, take pro-active measures to make sure that the League pays more attention to the details. Nobody's perfect, even those whose egos and expertise drive their opinions.

73

Chuck, W6AJW