Re: [TowerTalk] trencher

To: Jeff Blaine <jeff@ac0c.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] trencher
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 20:04:02 +0000
Hi Jeff,

 As stated B-4  the # 1 issue with a trencher is the soil type.
I have used both Backhoe with a 12" bucket . a walk behind trencher and a ride
on trencher.  The 1400' ft  I assume is  multiple trenches to your towers. A
moot point... At my  QTH the total for the 4 towers and the 4 sq was 1600 ft. X
24 inches deep.  I used a walk behind and  my soil is  a mixture of clay and
loam  with a potato size rock hers and there. I was lucky   there are BIG
boulders  hit one for my pole building
The trencher I used was a tracked unit   link..
https://www.orerentals.com/equipment.asp?action=category&category=35&key=035%2D0075
So  IMO the soil   determines  hopefully no TREE roots ( no equipment likes
them ..

YMMV  Wayne W3EA