Re: [TowerTalk] Square Hole or Round Hole for Self Supporter?

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Square Hole or Round Hole for Self Supporter?
From: Matt Lovewell <lovewell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 09:26:56 -0600
Patrick,

That is in line or maybe a bit cheap.  Most won’t probably won’t go under a 4hr
minimum and that aligns with about $500/hr.  The actual hole of 5’ x 8’ could
be drilled in 5 minutes if they’re hustling.  Teeth are probably $10 a piece
depending on if they mark them up and how big their teeth are.  They're
carbide, so not cheap.  They won’t break unless they’re in nasty rock, and it
would be much more likely they’d wear out in rock than break.  It wouldn't have
been a concern in your soil and sand rock.

This is why I say it is likely cheaper to just hire a backhoe and operator to
do your hole.

Best,

Matt