Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole center connector

To: reflector Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole center connector
From: David Hachadorian <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:01:55 -0700
I also am curious about failure modes on the Budwigs.  It is possible to misuse the Budwigs by putting strain on the exposed copper parts.  The antenna wire is supposed to be secured to the PLASTIC part of the insulator, with a zero-strain connection to the copper part.  I haven't had any problems with the Budwigs, but then again, I'm not using #10 antenna wire in 100 foot trees.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA