Re: [TowerTalk] measuring old coax, return loss ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] measuring old coax, return loss ?
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 20:28:06 -0500
Look at the link  just sent.
I should cover that.

Jim W7RY

On 5/8/2024 8:23 PM, Dave . wrote:
I have a aligent 8920a..it has been calibrated...I have the Aligent return loss
adapter...two 6db attenuators
And a Huber Shuner power divider...and a 50ohm dummy load........I also have
the RF Tools software for the Aligent..

So..is it better to measure with the 50ohm dummy termination.....OR a Short?
And what is the difference in the readings shown?

I'm sure this is easy peasy for you..however we are eager to learn and can't
wait to learn more

The videos on how to do this procedure are lacking ...very lacking......I was
hoping that there would be some from Aligent..but none..

Thank you in advance.

Dave