[VHFcontesting] Cross-mode QSO's [was:REMINDER:...CU2QSO Pioneers]

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Cross-mode QSO's [was:REMINDER:...CU2QSO Pioneers]
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jul 24 07:06:57 2003
>    CU2QSO is just a beacon with a bit more information encoded into it.
>    Not really any different than a voice keyer that says
>    "CQ de Callsign at Grid Locator".

> I tend to agree, however, I am of the opinion that if you beaconing with a
> digital mode then your initial contact SHOULD be digital to digital.  At
> which time you can agree to QSY anywhere you darn well please.

And yet...it is not uncommon for me to reply to a mega-multiop's voice keyer (a
voice beacon, as noted above) by using CW (and have heard others do the same).
I can't get their attention because I'm not as loud to them as they are to me (I
gotta change that <smile>).

Cross mode contacts are not restricted, nor should they be.

Ev, W2EV
http://www.BEACONet.org
Follow the hyperlinks for CU2QSO