[VHFcontesting] Encouraging uWave activity [was:A suggestion for ERP-bas

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Encouraging uWave activity [was:A suggestion for ERP-based Entry Classes]
From: "Ev Tupis (W2EV)" <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:54:32 -0500
Ok, Kenneth...let's take a different tack on this...you said...

> These are the contests that the ARRL sponsors on VHF+:
>
> January VHF Sweepstakes
> June VHF QSO Party
> ARRL UHF Contest
> September VHF QSO Party
> ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest (two weekends)

You operate from South Texas.  According to the ARRL, theis is the activity
above 432 MHz for each contest above in 2002/3:

January            4 of 14 submitted logs showed activity above 432 MHz
                   Note: W5DR/R 903:25q3g, 1.2:26q/3g, 2.3:30q8g, 3.4:12q8g
June               5 of 22 submitted logs showed activity above 432 MHz
August UHF         No South Texas activity reported
September          5 of 6 submitted logs showed activity above 432 MHz
                   Note: AB5SS/R 903:19q3g, 1.2:22q6g, 2.3:26q13g, 3.4:19q13g
uWave Cumulatives  9 participants in Texas, 3 with 24 GHz

> Why do you want to destroy VHF contesting experience for the rest of us?

What's to destroy?  It seems that there's a wonderful world above 432 MHz in
Texas just waiting for you to explore!

In June, you operated as one of 5 ops at the K5TR Limited Multiop -- placing #9
overall (without regard as to any entry class of any participant!) with a 4-band
score of 426,070.  Adding bands above 432 MHz could have easily moved you up
over 1/2-million points and possibly breaking into the top-5 of all scores
submitted!

If that's destroying the contesting experience, then count me in!

Ev, W2EV

--
PropNET: If the band is open and no one is TXing, does anyone hear it?
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.