Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?

To: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?
From: Mike Hasselbeck <mph@swcp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:00:48 -0600 (MDT)
I've been saying for a couple of years now that the ARRL does not own the
VHF contests.  A determined, dedicated organization can run their own
contests and a perfect example is the WSJT group on Yahoo.  There are two
high-speed meteor scatter rallys every year.  Having been a participant in
the last four, I've found them to be exciting, fun, and challenging.
Rules and scoring are discussed in the open by email in the weeks leading
up to the contest.  Results are freely posted on the web about six weeks
later.  Beautiful certificates are mailed to winners while the event is
still a recent memory.  These meteor scatter contests happen due to the
enthusiastic efforts of people like WA5UFH, N6ENU, WA3LTB, K1JT...and no
ARRL.

Mike WB2FKO