Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?
From: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:34:57 -0400
Guys, it sure seems like you're getting all excited without any facts in hand. I guess I can't blame you, since the ARRL put out what might be considered a provocative questionare, followed by silence.

I am on the ARRL Contest Advisory Committee, which has not been part of the VHF contest discussions, those being conducted by a separate committee. I have made a few informal queries within the ARRL and I have been assured that the changes being considered will be very minor.

So, like you I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall, but I'm feeling that the changes will not take anything away.

You want to turn VHF/UHF contesting around? Get on the air, but also get others on the air too.

Dave/K8CC