Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling Problem

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling Problem
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:10:25 -0500
On 8/5/05, Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1. Existing rules must be enforced.  The ARRL rules
> are plain as to the goal of their contests.  Submitted
> operation that runs contrary to those goals should be
> relegated to Checklog status.  End of discussion.
>
> 2. In the absence of #1 above, that is a signal to the
> participating community that the contest sponsor
> doesn't interpret their rules in the same way that you
> do (gasp!) and people need to stop complaining and/or
> find a different event to participate in.

Mike wrote

Agreed but then that's why I would support a seperate category for
those who want to operated this way to seperate them from the rovers
who are trying to work everyone they can, not just those they KNOW
they can.  If you are only a few hundred meters away but in a
different grid, I KNOW I can work you.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com