Re: [VHFcontesting] K7RAT Two Meter Spring Sprint

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K7RAT Two Meter Spring Sprint
From: Bruce Herrick <bdh@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:09:13 -0600
Well said, Fred.  The Sprint QSY rule is very polarizing.  Some of the
best contesters on HF love it as it gives them a new challenge, but many
who try the Sprint for the first time never go back to it because of
this rule.  When we are trying so hard to attract new blood to VHF+
contesting, I fear implementing this rule would be very
counter-productive.

I hate to take a defeatist attitude, but I don't think we can do much
about the congestion on .200.  We've been debating this issue for years,
and it has become obvious that no one really cares - they will always go
where the Qs are.  It isn't bad here along the Front Range of Colorado,
as there isn't enough activity to really cause problems.  My biggest
gripe out here is that after some of the locals work everyone, they will
sit and ragchew - on .200, of course.  Arrgh!

Bruce WW1M