Re: [VHFcontesting] FM in VHF Contesting

To: VHF Contesting e-Mail List <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FM in VHF Contesting
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:16:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mike Tessmer <Mike.Tessmer@hillmangroup.com>
wrote:
> Something I've never quite understood is why are FM
> QSOs seemingly looked down upon by so many in the
> VHF contesting community?

Simple ignorance.  The same goes for Packet, PSK31,
RTTY, AM, Spark, FSK441, CW, etc.  If it puts a QSO in
my log, in accordance with the rules of the contest, I
will use it. :)

We have some preconceived notions about some things
that cloud our ability to reason.  You wouldn't
believe the number of people who hear "Packet" and
think "spotting network".  It takes time to re-educate
people...but it pays off in the long run.

Ev, W2EV