Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC

To: aa4zz@aol.com, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Shortest time to 2m VUCC
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:39:48 -0800 (PST)
I remember using a FT221 that my friend (KA0GOA) had
for several contests, and I believe that the Kenwood
was the TS700.  Also the Kenwood TR9130 and TR9000,
plus the Icom 271 and 290.  But for those of us who
want to do HF as well as VHF, it is much cheaper, and
more spacing saving, to get something like a 706.

73s John W5tD