Re: [VHFcontesting] Dumb question about Mirage amp

To: "VHF contesting list" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dumb question about Mirage amp
From: "Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 11:21:18 -0600
Honestly, I doubt it's worth it to even add the amp.  Remember an S-unit of
difference is about 6 dB of gain.  So, to get an addtional S-unit of
performance gain in the case of your IC-7000, you'd have to boost power 4
times - to 200W.  You;ld be better off just going to a higher gain antenna.

73,
Ellen - AF9J