Re: [VHFcontesting] Dumb question about Mirage amp

To: Ellen Rugowski <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>,VHF contesting list <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dumb question about Mirage amp
From: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:31:21 -0800 (PST)
Unless you want to run WSJT on 2m/70cm.  I would not
want to run an Icom 7000 for extended periods of time
on a full duty mode-it would cook the rig.  Turn the
7000 down to 8 watts or so and let the amp do the
work.  I used such a setup for several years with a
yaesu FT100D.

73s John AA5JG

--- Ellen Rugowski <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>