Re: [VHFcontesting] rules

To: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>, VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rules
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:03:08 +0000
I'm not sure all of this is about cheating and rule bending.  I think some of
it might just be ignorance.  Because I had never participated in a contest, I
wanted to make sure I was within the rules.  I asked a lot of questions.
Others seem to be asking questions that are designed to push the envelope.  I'm
betting some of these are unaware the envelope even exists or if they do, they
don't understand the purpose behind it.

When you see a question about rules, maybe just telling the person the rule
isn't the best thing.  Maybe explaining why the rule was put into place would
really satisfy the questioner.  I know I'm more comfortable knowing the "why",
rather than just the "what".

Steve

From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>