Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC proposal to ARRL

To: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC proposal to ARRL
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:02:56 -0500
I like the proposal other than the 30 QSO limit. I can see where two 10
band rovers could cross at a grid corner and easily hit 40 QSO's and
then go on their own way.  This would throw them into unlimited.

I could live with the 50%, or even 20 or 30%, but the 30 QSO option is a
bit too restrictive in my opinion.  But, aside from making all rover Q's
count for zero, I'll continue roving regardless of the rules.

Not that it would effect me.  I currently only have 3 bands, and very
rarely work other rovers.  I would love to work 30 rover Q's!!  Someday
I hope to get another 222 transverter, but the auto market is going to
have to do some recovering before I can make any improvements to the
rover station...

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: