Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC proposal to ARRL

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "'John Maxwell'" <johnm@johnmaxwell.net>, "'Scott'" <radio@microlinkdenver.com>, <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VUAC proposal to ARRL
From: "Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:09:03 -0700
Thanks for sharing Jon.

All this proposal appears to do is discourage people who want to operate 7
or more band rovers and work other rovers with that many bands.  Sure, it'll
force the grid-circlers into the Unlimited category, but it will also sweep
up the individual multi-band rovers and their friends too, unless they're
careful not to make more than 30 contacts with another rover.

You're basically creating a situation where it would BENEFIT a rover like me
to become a circle-jerk, and to convince all the local rovers with lots of
bands to do the same -- if we're going to be forced to compete head-to-head
with the Californians, we might as well really COMPETE, instead of whining
like babies.

I sent a note to the multi-op guys that got me started that my gear's going
up for sale.  Maybe someone can complain that the multi-op is using my free
radios to make contacts instead of home-brewing them out of two toothpicks
and a Dixie cup or something.  I don't care anymore.

The Blue Angels are coming to town the weekend of the June contest this
year, and my wife's never seen a military jet demonstration team in person.
We'll be at the airport listening to the Sound of Freedom...

Have fun in 2009.  I'm outta here.  Also unsubscribing to the list, and I
really don't care to get off-list comments other than from friends.  You
know who you are.

You know what else I predict?  No matter what you guys do to the rules, the
Californians will continue to dominate the rover scores.  They'll adapt and
COMPETE and the same voices on the list will continue to whine and moan and
do nothing to form their own teams or win.

Meanwhile, you just lost a 7-band rover.  See ya.

Got better things to do with my time than try to get through to people that
this contest is about getting on the air on anything you can get your hands
on above VHF.

Thank you once again to the team at W0KVA for the great time.  I'll keep
operating with you guys, but this rover rules changing every couple of years
is ridiculous.

Nate WY0X