Re: [VHFcontesting] Explanation

To: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Explanation
From: John Kemker <john@kemker.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:01:19 -0500
This argument has much in common with the strategy employed by the
British National Rifle Association in their fight to retain the right to
keep and bear arms in Great Britain.  They continually gave up a little
here, a little there, until the British lost a right that had been
enshrined in the English Bill of Rights in 1689.  Are we to employ the
same strategy of "let's trade a little bit here that no-one will miss in
hopes they'll leave the rest alone?"  Here's a clue for you:
Politicians lie.  They do it constantly.

Does anyone actually believe that the politicians would keep their
promises, even if they pass a law stating those promises?  If they pass
it, they can easily repeal it.  Just take a look at the hugely unpopular
health care reform that's being shoved down America's throat as we
speak.  If the politicians want something, it doesn't matter what the
people want, the politicians will get it, come Hell or high water.

The answer is to fight tooth and nail for every piece of spectrum we
have.  Sure, they may take some away, but I'd rather give it up after a
fight than to compromise and trade spectrum for empty promises.

--JohnK
73 de W5NNH
10X 75371/M&M 117/SMIRK 6185/Six Club 285/TRA 2499/Norcross 228 F&AM