[VHFcontesting] where we need the security

To: <aa5jg@yahoo.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] where we need the security
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:44:45 -0800
We need 1.3 ghz down.  this is where 99.5 percent of all hams operate. Or
should I say 99.5 percent of hams have nothing beyond 1.3 ghz.

There are issues going on with 70 cm and the air force in California shutting
down repeaters for "rfi" and perhaps other parts of the country.  Look at all
the money the ARRL has thrown at BPL which they say will ruin the entire HF
spectrum.  I never had BPL near me to know if its a valid concern.

And of course as the percentage of households that are  banned from erecting
antennas increases the number of active hams per capita decreases.  This is the
greatest threat to our minority.  Maybe the best fix as demonstrated in US
history in the context of property rights and those who do not fit in would be
to round up all the hams and send them to Oklahoma where they won't be an
eyesore for he rest of  the US?

Again ham radio is a 100 year old culture, why do we let them segregate us?
Why doesnt the ARRL take up this fight in a serious manner? Again the needs of
the few don't outwiegh the needs of the many and maybe we should spend that
upper spectrum as capitol to expand the number of hams as a whole?  Or we can
stand our ground until the bulldozer of progress runs us over.