Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Confusion

To: beamar <beamar@aol.com>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Confusion
From: Owen Wormser <owormser@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:41:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
One way might be use of all the reflectors from VHF to microwave - and many
were used I might add.  It appeared to me, having operated for brief periods
Sat afternoon, again that evening, early Sunday AM (early meaning 4am until
7am) I heard no activity on any band except K1DQV calling endless CQ's on 2M.
First real activity I observed here began around 7:30am Sunday - almost no
activity Sunday afternoon and only marginal activity Sunday evening.  I am in
FM18vr (with 10 bands available).  So, though I don't have an answer to Buddy's
question, my thoughts are we have 3 ARRL VHF and up contests each year and it
shouldn't be too very difficult to get the word out.  There's an old saying I
learned from my Drill Sergeant: tell'm once, tell'm again, then tell'm a third
time till it sinks in!  Maybe we need lots of "telling".  My thoughts.  Owen,
K3CB