Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Confusion

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Confusion
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:47:13 -0500
I try to balance the tinkering with the operating. I'm building the stuff
to actually use it, so why not get out and use it?

Some of it takes a long time to build (I've been working on 47 GHz for a
year now) but I hope the final product will allow me to make some QSO's
with it.

My gear for other bands has just about been optimized the best I can do, so
I don't tinker with them any more. I just take them out and try to work
people. On the higher microwave bands this can be a challenge. I've trotted
out to a nearby hill I don't know how many times trying to work various
people on 10 GHz. We've made it after many failed attempts, which finally
makes it worth it.

73, Zack W9SZ