Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Confusion

To: BEAMAR@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Confusion
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:50:19 -0400
There is a few more things that I would add to this past weekend:

There was two HF contests on - the WAE and the NA Sprint.  I am a
casual VHF'er, but I had a map up of 6 meter activity going and could
have jumped in to make a few QSO's if the band was open.

Being in EN58, there is not much point in trying to call CQ for hours
when there is not much hope of VHF Q's on other than 6...

The other thing that I think would help is a "rules of the road" for
VHF contesting.  Using chat rooms, arranging skeds via email
beforehand - the list goes on - are big no-no's from an HF contesting
perspective.  I do understand the reasons for this different way of
doing things, but it seems pretty strange to an HF contester.  Some
documentation of how things work would be helpful.  Might even
generate some more activity :-)

Tom - VE3CX