[VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com, NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint
From: George Sintchak <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:48:16 -0400
Almost all activity was in the first hour and a half.
Later, most activity was on CW with only a few contacts in the last hour.

I was not hearing the usual weak ones as I discovered the afternoon of the
sprint that my mast mounted preamp somehow got waterlogged with abt 2 tsp of
water and I removed it and used another preamp in the shack behind the 140 ft
of LMR400 - not good. The mast preamp gain & NF seems to be OK after an alcohol
bath to dry it out, but I have to find the leak before it goes back up on the
tower. Contesting always brings out the problems you don't expect.
Tnx to the sponsors of the event and stations wked. CU next week on 432 sprint.
73's, George
2013 222 MHz Fall Sprint
WA2VNV      FN30kv
SINGLE-OP ALL LOW  NLI Section