Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating
From: Dan Evans <k9zf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:06:21 -0800 (PST)
I believe Zack is right.  Most hams are afraid of anything less than plug and
play.  So they are not willing to invest in a transverter that they think would
be too complicated to operate...

And yes, you and I know that modern transverters are not that difficult to get
on the air.  But, do the "other guys" know that?

I still think advertising is the key.  Some experienced ops answering questions
in the forums will help (I've posted a few times).  But I would like to see
some articles about station building and operating by some experienced ops.
 Articles in QST and CQ are great, Eham.net is a great place as well.  And lets
face it, Eham will publish just about anything, hi hi.

For example, how about a couple of short articles on buying a modern 222
transverter, how to hook it up and get on the air with it.  And maybe  what you
did with it when it was up and running...

73
Dan

--
K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el

Maybe most of the hams that are active just want radios they can take