Re: [VHFcontesting] What's your favorite IF radio?

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] What's your favorite IF radio?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:54:31 -0500
If you're really into homebrewing and feeling adventurous, try the KK7B
R2/T2, mini-R2/T2 or micro-R2/T2 combinations. You can add as many bells
and whistels as you want. I've been working on a version that operates on
144 MHz as an IF rig. I still have a couple bugs to get rid of (layout of
components is really critical with these designs). But I'm also thinking of
making a 28 MHz version as an IF radio for 50 through 432 MHz. Performance
is quite impressive.

You can make a very small and lightweight radio with these.

73, Zack W9SZ