Re: [VHFcontesting] Are EME/MS digital QSOes reducing rovers contributio

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Are EME/MS digital QSOes reducing rovers contributions?
From: Comp Mtn <compmtn@saber.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:40:22 -0700
On 9/15/2015 8:58 PM, Marshall-K5QE wrote:

The most experienced rovers probably know who the big fixed stations are and if they can be worked from a given grid. I would suggest that you could just call the fixed station on the phone. This certainly attracts their attention and gets you immediate results. And yes, they can just work you during one of the 30sec or 1min RX periods. Obviously, there will be times where a rover gets to a grid and there is no cell phone coverage, but mostly there is decent cell phone coverage in most grids nowadays.

Why doesn't everyone just submit their telephone number and then everyone else can call them for a qso... GEEEZ..... Thought this was a contest, not a ---call me when you are there and i will make the contact. WOW... Radio contests are sure changing. maybe we should just do away with radio and do it via the internet.

, when I was on the VUAC, did not like assisted contacts, and still dont. It is NOT contesting.

As far as a station only worrying about ""large"" rover stations, does that mean that small rovers are not worth the trouble to work?? Think someone may be alienating the small rovers.

Also, do away with the EME in the contests. Yes, it is understood that some use this but not most, BUT there are EME contests for that.

Let us get back to contesting as it should be, other than, ""I have to have assistance"" to make any contacts.

Len  WA6KLK

---