Re: [VHFcontesting] Are EME/MS digital QSOes reducing rovers contributio

To: VE3DS <ve3ds@acanac.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Are EME/MS digital QSOes reducing rovers contributions?
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 19:07:05 -0700
Re HF that is a good suggestion.  I often monitor the aurora net frequency
(7055 lsb) during the daytime when I am in the back country.   I'm not sure
that frequency and mode would work for the U.S. due to their band plans but I'd
be willing to give HF a try.  Maybe 40M in the day time and 80M at night ?

Setting up an auto tuner, whip and counter poise is fairly quick for me.  It
would be nice to have a plan B if there is no internet / cellular service.

Best regards
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Sent from my iPhone